Plasma Treatment of Aerospace Composite Materials
Plasma treatment of polymer and composite materials, which are used widely in the aerospace industry, are proving advantageous in both cleaning and adhesive bonding of dissimilar materials.
Available treatments can be applied in both batch-plasma and atmospheric in-line plasma cases and often remove the need for tedious mechanical abrasion and other preparations. We have formed close relationships with major Tier 1 and Tier 2 organizations within the industry where our quick turnaround, flexible process development has proved invaluable.
- Better bonding with many adhesives
- Treatment of similar & dissimilar materials
- Replaces tedious surface abrasion steps
- Increased surface wettability
- Plasma Surface Treatment of composite materials
- Plasma Surface Cleaning
- Improved bonding of electrical connectors & cable systems
Hydrogen Plasma Cleaning to remove contamination
National Physical Laboratory
The National Physical Laboratory (NPL), is the UK's National Measurement Institute and is a world-leading centre of excellence in developing and applying the most accurate measurement standards, science and technology available.