Plasma Treatment of Medical Plastics
Plasma surface treatment of medical plastics is used to increase the wettability of high performance polymers which can be particularly difficult to print on and bond to due to their inherent low surface energy.
In addition plasma treatments can deliver specific functionalization of surfaces for e.g. protective coatings, barrier layers and to improve biomolecular absorption. We offer a wide range of plasma surface treatments to the medical and life science industries to address these growing demands.
- Plasma surface activation to increase adhesion for balloon catheters prior to gluing
- Plasma surface activation of syringes/hubs prior to gluing
- Plasma treatment of intra-ocular lenses prior to bio-compatible coatings or to make them hydrophilic
- Plasma coatings for functionalization of immuno assays and cell culture media
- Ultra-fine cleaning of medical implants
Plasma Surface Activation of PEEK
Vention Medical, ANSAmed
Vention Medical is a globally integrated solutions partner for the design, engineering and manufacturing of complex medical devices and components.