Plasma Treatment Prior to Printing/Painting
Plasma treatment of polymer and composite materials, which are used widely in many industries such as automotive and aerospace, produce superior paint finishes and significant improvement in paint adhesion.
Available treatments can be applied in both batch-plasma and atmospheric in-line plasma cases and often remove the need for tedious mechanical abrasion and other preparations. We have delivered many plasma solutions to improve paint adhesion from small bench-top units to very fast cycle industrial scale paint plant solutions. We also offer a wide range of surface test methods for comparison of prior and post-plasma treated parts.
PLASMA TREATMENT: PRIOR TO PRINT/PAINT APPLICATION
- Atmospheric Plasma Treatment to improve ink adhesion
- Effective treatment of a wide range of engineering plastics
- Treatment of complex 3D objects
- Typically 2-fold to 10-fold improvement in peel-strength
- Localized plasma treatment without masking replaces surface abrasion pre-treatments
Plasma Surface Activation of PEEK
Vention Medical, ANSAmed
Vention Medical is a globally integrated solutions partner for the design, engineering and manufacturing of complex medical devices and components.