Atmospheric Plasma Torch for Surface Treatment
The Cirrus atmospheric plasma torch is utilized to improve the adhesion characteristics of a wide range of materials.
It is a compact standalone instrument which delivers a continuous plume (8-10mm wide) of active plasma gas to the surface and can easily be integrated with assembly/production lines with or without robot handling. The Cirrus operates with compressed air and doesn’t require any special gases or other services. A rear panel sub-D connector allows start/stop triggering of the plasma via an external signal supplied by the line.
IN-LINE PLASMA ACTIVATION OF:
- Hybrid materials
ATMOSPHERIC PLASMA APPLICATORS
- Water and oil repellent coatings
- Permanently hydrophilic coatings
- Low friction coatings
- Functional coatings for increased binding
The ‘Mode’ nozzle is standard and suits 95% of all plasma pre-treatment applications
Our ‘Finite’ nozzle is best suited to confined areas or where a longer reach is needed, for example when treating channels or spaces between components.
The ‘Scope’ nozzle produces a ‘curtain plume’ suitable for wider treatment areas and where multiple passes are not practical.
ATMOSPHERIC PLASMA TORCH ADVANTAGES
- Fast, localized atmospheric plasma pre-treatment of parts prior to bonding
- Ultra-fine atmospheric plasma cleaning
- Surface activation with atmospheric plasma
- Highest quality treatments
- Localized treatments
- Very low operation cost & easy integration with automated lines
Plasma Surface Activation of PEEK
Vention Medical, ANSAmed
Vention Medical is a globally integrated solutions partner for the design, engineering and manufacturing of complex medical devices and components.