Flow Through High Pressure Reactor
The Flow Through High Pressure Reactor is designed to study reactions between gases and solid/powder samples under high pressure (beetwen reactor’s cups), in the reactor chamber under UHV conditions.
Samples could be subject on static or flowing gas, with the heating up to 750°C and possibility of cooling down to -100°C (option).
Inside the vacuum chamber of the High Pressure Reactor is a system of cups which is a closed space in which a sample have contact with gases. Opening and closing the cups is done manually by turning a reaction volume screw. The sample mounting table can be made of stainless steel, titanium, gold or other materials/alloys, depending upon application. The temperature of sample holders is regulated by HEAT3-PS Power Supply.
Experiments with reactive gases at static or flow mode (temperature of gases up to 300°C) can be performed at pressure from 1 bar up to 20 bar (depends on the type of gas dosing system).
• Coldfinger for sample holder cooling
• Laser heating for fast sample heating up to 900°C
• Back pressure regulator – needed in case of experiments from 2 – 20 bar in flow mode. Dedicated gas manifold with proper flowmeters required
• Heated outlet of the gases
• Temperature control software (HEAT3-PS dedicated software) – full software control of temperature, ramp rate and output power
• Reactor dedicated to work with CO and H2S – on request
• Additional measuring equipment, for example UMS to conduct spectrography and chromatography of the gas which is flowing out from the reactor
Special design allows for closing the whole PTS sample holder inside reactor cups, therefore there is only one sealing surface. This solution requires larger volume of gas.
Sample Heating Power Supply HEAT3-PS
Power supply operated by touchscreen with dual mode heating (resistive and electron bombardment) and high efficiency.
Static High Pressure Reactor
Designed to facilitate high pressure (up to 1 bar) experiments with various reaction gases.