Linear Shift with Tilt
The Linear Shift with Tilt is a UHV transfer mechanism that is fabricated from a pair of flanges, connected by an edge welded bellows. The free flange moves towards the fixed flange in a controlled, precise motion and may be kept parallel with the fixed flange or else tilted as required. The standard mounting flange is DN 40CF. The shift is actuated by a handwheel and can work in any orientation.
The Linear Shift with Tilt is used in applications that don’t require the higher precision and graduated movement of other linear motion devices. It is normally used for:
- Manipulation of surface science tools with respect to the sample position
- Manipulation of evaporation and sputter sources
- Manipulation of electron and X-ray sources
- Manipulation of quartz oscillators
- Sample transfer applications
The Linear Shift with Tilt is designed for the linear movement of instruments with preset or controlled tilt and maintaining precision alignment before and after pump-down.