Research Unit Digital Instrument RUDI-EA2
RUDI-EA2 is a novel, modular high voltage power supply for photoemission and other demanding research applications. The electronics features fully calibrated, independently operating modules utilising the very latest electronics and software technology. Voltage supplies are controlled by high precision 16-bit digital-to-analog converters with high linearity and extremely high temperature stability. Automatic low and high voltage range settings, as well as output polarity, are under full user control.
The combined high specification and system flexibility makes RUDI-EA2 the obvious choice for many analysis applications, where stable, high voltage supplies are required and can also be readily configured by the end user.
Each RUDI-EA2 unit is supplied with a comprehensive serial communication protocol description which can be easily implemented for individual control needs, thus removing the reliance on specific, often prohibitive supplier software.
As the demand for smarter, connected technologies increases, provides the best in class electronic solutions. The electronic mainboard of the RUDI-EA2 system is a showcase for the best in active digital and analog electronic components currently on the market.
▪ Special techniques have been used to achieve rapid temperature stabilization. The system is ready for use after only 3 minutes from switch on.
▪ Each independent voltage module achieves temperature stability below 0.5 ppm of the voltage span per degree Celcius.
▪ Using 16bit AD converters, the 6 kV power supplies can be set with a resolution of just 1,6 mV and with a maximum noise level of only 200 µVp-p.
▪ Each modules can be controlled independently via MODBUS-TCP 460 Kbit/s wire interface.
▪ Each module has a floating output which means a wide range of configurations are possible making the unit truly universal - serial configuration is unlimited.
▪ Any other voltages up to 6000 V available on request
▪ High linearity controlled with an accuracy of 16 bits
▪ Up to 28 modules fit into 9U rack
▪ Voltage deviation calculated with two-point calibration at min and max voltage
▪ Maximum non-linearity over the range of 100 V is ~0,2 mV
|Power supply||110-260 V 50/60 Hz, max. 200 VA, depends on modules number|
|Maximum number of modules in 9U rack||28 of all modules chosen from DAC and HV|
|High voltage modules||Different version up to 6 kV, bipolar, floating output|
|DAC modules||High precision 16 bit +/-12.5 V|
|Insulation||All HV and DAC modules have full insulation 6 kV to power and ground|
|Temperature stability||< 0.5 ppm/°C for all modules|
|External interlock||active when the contact is closed|
|Communication interface||MODBUS-TCP 460 Kbit/s|
|Rack dimensions||483 x 395 x 360 mm (W x H x D), rack 9U height, 84Hp width|
|Weight (approx.)||18 kg (for ~20 modules)|
|High voltage modules|
|Modules||Output voltage||Maximum output current|
|HV 100V||~0 – 100 V, 16 bit, step size ~1.6 mV||~600 µA|
|HV 600V||~0 – 600 V, 16 bit, step size ~9.2 mV||~300 µA|
|HV 600/100V||Low range ~0 – 100 V, 16 bit, step size ~1.6 mV
High range ~0 – 600 V, 16 bit, step size ~9.2 mV
|HV 1900/100V||Low range ~0 – 100 V, 16 bit, step size ~1.6 mV
High range ~0 – 1900 V, 16 bit, step size ~23 mV
|HV 2200V||~0 – 2200 V, 16 bit, step size ~34 mV||~150 µA|
|HV 4000V||~0 – 4000 V, 16 bit, step size ~61 mV||~100 µA|
|HV 6000/600V||Low range ~0 – 600 V, 16 bit, step size ~9.2 mV
High range ~0 – 6000 V, 16 bit, step size ~92 mV
EA15 Hemispherical Energy Analyzer
EA15 hemispherical energy analyzer is intended to provide high-resolution PES measurements to be analysed in a 150 mm mean radius assembly.